Why Are My Pics So Poor?

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
AnthonyL Veteran Member • Posts: 3,594
Re: Why Are My Pics So Poor?

If you have cited your lens correctly it is the:

https://www.dpreview.com/products/canon/lenses/canon_18-55_3p5-5p6/specifications

Take care with the minimum focus distance.  How are you achieving focus?  You might be just a bit too close.

This version I think was the first of the 18-55 kit lenses and in general the IS and STM versions are better optically as well as having stabilisation.  I have the STM which is fine but I also shoot RAW and use Canon's DPP processing software which includes lens correction.  Even then the lens can be soft.

Reds are hard to get right and as others have said the harsh lighting doesn't help.  At times I take flowers when the light is flatter and add a bit of flash to get some sparkle.  Use the internal flash and dial back the flash exposure compensation.

You're not far off and I'm sure experimenting a bit will give you more satisfactory results.

AnthonyL's gear list:AnthonyL's gear list
Canon EOS 700D Canon EF-S 10-22mm F3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rsn
rsn
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow