Anyone else having issues with FedEx or B&H?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
vcxz Regular Member • Posts: 221
Anyone else having issues with FedEx or B&H?

Lately I've been having a lot of random issues with FedEx and to some extent B&H, but it's largely because of issues caused by FedEx. They seem very localized so it might be specific to the Chicago station.

It seems to be a bigger problem with Gamestop and PS5s. If you do a search there are lots of people claiming package workers are stealing PS5s in transit.

Tampered packages

A lot of my items shipped via FedEx arrive with the package opened. Sometimes the tape is blatantly opened or the envelope is ripped open. My guess is they're trying to see the value of what is inside on if it's worth stealing or not. This often happens on lower value items like a lens filter, etc. Told B&H and they didn't really care.

Lost packages

The item just disappears in FedEx tracking. I had a ~$2K camera body. It was scanned as arriving at the local station, then nothing. My guess is someone stole it. This was handled very well because FedEx clearly marked the item as lost.

Walgreens pickup

I've been re-routing my deliveries to Walgreens to avoid the package from being swooped off the doorstep, etc. But it's led to even deeper problems.

Most of the time it works fine but twice, the FedEx driver marks the package as "delivered" instead of "ready for pickup." The problem is the FedEx system cuts everything off after it's marked as "delivered."

Case #1: Bought a 50-140 during the summer sale. Since it was marked as "delivered," I never got a pickup notification. When I tracked it later and saw it was delivered, I went to the Walgreens store and they said they didn't have it and it would have been returned to sender. B&H said there was no issue because the package was "delivered" and they would only issue a refund if the item was returned to them. Currently lost, I think I need to file a credit card dispute.

Case #2: Package was marked as delivered, with the signee "PPhoto" whatever that means. Every time I call FedEx I get conflicting information. One said even though the package is marked as "delivered," that just means Walgreens accepted the item for storage, and I need to wait for a text message to say it's ready for pickup. This time B&H said they'd investigate, but I imagine it will happen like the previous case where they say it's "delivered" and therefore not missing.

Any other stores?

I originally bought from B&H because of the PayBoo savings in sales tax. I live in a high sales tax state of ~10%. But sometimes they take days to ship things, they take every Jewish holiday off even though they're in NYC where they can hire a diverse staff and everyone can trade off on holidays.

I think the internet has shut down many local camera stores, and hard times have forced them to be somewhat immoral. I tried ordering off a local store Helix's website. They charged my card and said ordering on the website doesn't mean they have it in stock, it just means they'll place the order with the manufacturer and you'll get it when you get it.

There's always Amazon but are there any other camera stores with good stock of Fuji items people would recommend?

-- hide signature --

Instagram: @vcxz_photos

vcxz's gear list:vcxz's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon Z50 Fujifilm X-T4 Nikon Z5 +22 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jrk
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow