Sony A1 - switch from self timer to single shot quickly

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
amateurphotographer Contributing Member • Posts: 975
Sony A1 - switch from self timer to single shot quickly

Hi folks,

Before on my A7RIII I was able to access quickly the "self timer" and go to "single shot" f within the function menu fn. 3 clicks it took me.

On the A1, the self timer and single shot are on the top left dial, So if I am changing between self timer and single shot often, I have to a) press down to unlock the dial, then rotate carefully to the end and one click back. Or you can count the 5 clicks clockwise whilst keeping the lock button down. Also not easy if you are wearing gloves.

It's also a nightmare using this dial in the dark. Or if the camera is above your head height on a tripod.

I know that some people will say you will get used to it, but I haven't.

I couldn't find a way to speed up going from "self timer" to "single shot" in the custom buttons.

Maybe I have missed something, but has anyone got any bright ideas how to ease switching between self timer mode and single shot quickly.

i've set one of the buttons to interval shooting. I guess similar to self timer.

thanks in advance

amateurphotographer's gear list:amateurphotographer's gear list
Olympus TG-6 Fujifilm GFX 50S Nikon D4S Nikon D850 Sony a7R III +65 more
Sony a1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow