Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Threaded Veteran Member • Posts: 3,715
Re: X-T3 Shutter button only has one "stage"

Morris0 wrote:

Threaded wrote:

Morris0 wrote:

biza43 wrote:

Morris0 wrote:

Your X-T3 shutter release is like everyone's, crap. Add a soft release button and try again.

Morris

My X-T3's button is fine, not sure where your data - "is like everyone's" - is coming from.

It comes form the many people that have added soft release buttons.

Morris

For the record, I tried a soft release button on my old X-Pro2 once to see what the fuss was all about, hated both the look and feel of it, and a short time later my shutter button developed a fault similar to the OP is describing, necessitating a complete replacement of the top plate (fortunately under guarantee).

To say I’m not a fan of soft releases is an understatement, the same way that to suggest “everyone” needs one is a gross exaggeration.

Clearly some need them and some don't. Failing so fast is quite surprising, I wonder what was going on.

Morris

In my case, I believe (based on what some others reported at the time) there was a problem with the weather sealing on the XP2’s button failing slightly.  I think it was the first stage that disappeared on mine - it would just go straight through from nothing to focus to taking the picture with no differentiation between the stages.  The replacement top plate was fine and worked perfectly for much longer before i sold it on.

Threaded's gear list:Threaded's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rlx
rlx
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow