During the brief period of freedom...

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Digital Nigel Forum Pro • Posts: 15,134
During the brief period of freedom...

Like many others, I had numerous foreign vacation cancelled between April 2020 and September 2021. But I did manage a cruise last month, getting back just before the new Omicron-related travel restrictions started. Here's a few pics:

View from the mountain-top town of Erice, near the western tip of Sicily. The town was founded by the Phoenicians, and has had many rulers over the centuries.

Swordfish vendor, Catania fish market, eastern Sicily

Nafplio, Greece. This was the first capital of Greece after independence in 1829. The former Ottoman mosque with a domed roof, at the left, housed the national assembly before the capital was moved to Athens in 1834.

Some of the ship's room butlers form a welcome line-up after a day ashore in Crete.

This monastery, now a Greek Orthodox Church, was once used by the Knights of the Order of St. John, the Knights Hospitaller. They were headquartered in Rhodes between 1310 and 1522, after which they were driven out, and moved to Malta. They are now known as the Knights of Malta.

Local shore tenders provide a shuttle service between the ship and Fira, Santorini.

Fira, Santorini, viewed from the ship. I took the previous picture from in front of the domed cathedral  .

Digital Nigel's gear list:Digital Nigel's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Canon PowerShot G7 X Nikon Coolpix P900 Panasonic ZS100 Sony RX10 III +19 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow