What are your favourite lenses on 45mp?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
orlovsn Forum Member • Posts: 99
What are your favourite lenses on 45mp?

I finally realized why I always was skeptic about z7's output quality (rawtherapee and screen-scaling combo was showing me something like "double re-scaled image" instead of original image) and now I am totally blown away with actual "real" output it is capable of

So, now I am selecting lenses that can get most juice from this little wonder

1) 35 is a must, because 90% of time I use this focal range, so looks like 35/1.8S is a best bet for it because I still wish it to be somewhat compact and fast-focusing for everyday use

2) Bright short tele. I use it mainly to shoot playing childs (same as indoor sports ) in dim light, and as a "portrait lens" while I don't shoot portraits much so faster AF is more important than "bokeh/rendering". Previously I used 85mm for that (so 85/1.8S seems nice direct alternative, taking in mind I need fast shutter speeds and Z7 is not high-iso-monster) but I started to think about, maybe, 58G and 105G combo (58 for smaller rooms and 105 for larger) - how fast are they on FTZ and can they resolve 45mp @2.0 (I understand it's hard, but with primes for action I have to keep cropping in mind)?

3) Landscape lens. This one is most problematic. I am not skilled in landscapes at all, but want to try Previously I used 14-28 and 16-35 zooms and found that 16-35 is close to my sweet-spot (16-50 would be to perfect to exist) while I never really liked any of my 14-28's outdoors because I always had to change lenses for that extra 7mm reach that switches between my favorite 35 and "to wide". In Z line I see that there are only 14-24 and 14-30 so no point to stick with zoom. Seems like 20/1.8S is the best match in native focals, but as long as I don't really need af and huge aperture on wide lens, maybe there is something better (really better, because size still matters) via FTZ? Distagon 21/2.8 (Milvus too expensive for experiment)? Sigma 20/1.4? something else?

I will be glad if you will share your success stories with other focals, especially if you will show fullsize examples

Thanks!

Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow