Topaz Sharpen AI

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
domus New Member • Posts: 22
Re: Topaz Sharpen AI

PMUK wrote:

my workflow was: Lightroom Classic -> DXO PL 5 E (processing, inc. DeepPrime NR) -> Lightroom -> DeNoise AI (general sharpening with very minimal NR) -> Lightroom -> Sharpen AI (targeted Blur correction applied using a mask) -> Lightroom -> Sharpen AI (targeted Focus correction applied using a mask) -> Lightroom -> Photoshop (minor tweaks) -> Lightroom (minor vignette added/ export). (Lightroom being used as the central hub).

First of all, absolutely wow. That's the definition of sharpness.

Secondly, that's one heck of a workflow. Clearly the hallmark of a seasoned professional.

I see that DeNoise AI is used once and Sharpen AI twice. It's probably the correct way to use this, out of (your) experience. The fox shot wasn't one I have used (or was going to use), but I thought it a good example of something I could quickly run through Sharpen AI and make it more or less usable. If, however, it'd each time involve this workflow just to check whether an image is salvable, I don't think I'd put the time in (to be honest, I probably would, but that's another matter).

In any case, Sharpen AI doesn't seem to be the stand-alone miracle tool it is more or less advertised to be. As part of a workflow, I can see it have some use, as you illustrated.

Many thanks.

Cheers,

Dom

domus's gear list:domus's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow