Topaz Sharpen AI

Started Jun 17, 2021 | Discussions thread
CrisL Senior Member • Posts: 1,066
Re: Topaz Sharpen AI

PMUK wrote:

domus wrote:

PMUK wrote:

Perhaps you could post some images, one you believe requires sharpening, one which has motion blur and one where focus has been missed?

If you could also post what Affinity, or your usual software was able to do with these, other people could then try editing them using Sharpen AI.

You're right, of course. Would be wonderful to learn what I'm doing wrong.

I'll start with this one.

(attempted upload of RAW ORF file forbidden)

I'll figure out how to upload ORFs and get back... (need to find the time)

I can, of course, just upload the JPEGs...

Tried all options in Sharpen AI, but couldn't find a better result.

Hi domus,

Thank you for providing a sample image, I hope to have a look/ try later today (I'm in the middle of things at present). As Digital Nigel has mentioned, one way of sharing the raw files is via Dropbox, as the forum does allow you to post a link.

By way of an example - and one for you to play with should you wish to - you should find a sample *.dng file Here which you can download and have a play with (sadly, we no longer have the raw file). A *.jpg of the original shot is also included below.

As you can see, the image has some noise, softness and blur, so I find it useful for practice.

Original

I originally edited this using the versions of Lightroom, Denoise AI and Sharpen AI which were current at the time (this was before I got DXO PL 4 E). I've just had another go, and this time my workflow was: Lightroom Classic -> DXO PL 5 E (processing, inc. DeepPrime NR) -> Lightroom -> DeNoise AI (general sharpening with very minimal NR) -> Lightroom -> Sharpen AI (targeted Blur correction applied using a mask) -> Lightroom -> Sharpen AI (targeted Focus correction applied using a mask) -> Lightroom -> Photoshop (minor tweaks) -> Lightroom (minor vignette added/ export). (Lightroom being used as the central hub).

Final

I'll see what I can do with your image later today and post back again then.

Phil

Thanks for this example of the bird I love to see in my garden . Yes a good test so I show you

my quick result with my current workflow . Only global processing

Process the Dng through DXO PL4 with deepprime set to 40 and finish to clean and sharpen through ON1 with ON1 NoNoise.

Not speaking about the colors I think the noise and details are not far from your result

perhaps a little bit less details but also less artifacts usually created by Topaz stuffs

I was a big fun of Topaz AI stuffs since their begining but with ON1 NoNoise after DXO DeepPrime I am finding a workflow much more consistant and easier so I am very doubtfull to renew my updade plan with topaz. I am curious nobody never confirm this because I checked it with many different pictures and it's always better for me

dxo deepprime+ on1 nonoise

CrisL's gear list:CrisL's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 Nikon Coolpix P900 Panasonic FZ80/FZ82 Nikon Coolpix P1000 Nikon Coolpix P950 +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow