GR III x -- more snap focus distances between 2.5 m to 5 m?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ViMa
ViMa Senior Member • Posts: 1,847
Re: GR III x -- more snap focus distances between 2.5 m to 5 m?

AMSOS wrote:

For those who have been shooting with the GR III x for a while, how is your experience with snap focus mode / full press snap?

Given the 40 mm eq. lens, I imagine that you need to be careful with working distances. Do you find yourself observing that a snap focus distance range that jumps from 2.5 to 5 m is too sudden?

Do you feel there really ought to have been a 3 m or 4 m mark in between?

I imagine that a snap focus distance of 1 m will be too close for the 40 mm eq. FL. I mean you would only use that for a closeup portrait.

I'd appreciate your comments, especially if you can also compare these with shooting the 28 mm eq. lens of the GR III (of course if you've shot with that one).

Thanks!

Sure, the more, the merrier. Though then it would be a bit more difficult to change that distance on the fly, but one more option between 2.5 and 5 wouldn't be too bad, imho.

I find snap focus useable on the IIIx (the little I've been outside and tried it) but certainly not as easy as with the III. With the IIIx I find I have to set it at 2.5m and f8, though ideally f11 (which tbh is too high in my view), though I'm lucky to live in a very bright and sunny country, so am not lacking the light.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Vittorio

ViMa's gear list:ViMa's gear list
Ricoh GR III Ricoh GR IIIx
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow