I got lucky today.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Rich Rosen Veteran Member • Posts: 3,214
I got lucky today.

I had been waiting since it was announced for the Z 28 f2.8 (SE). This order was made in early July. All my store said was "new item coming soon." I was aware that the first person to get these lenses would be buyers of the Z fc kit that included the SE. I was willing to wait as I had this focal length covered by two other Zooms albeit they were really large lenses. As I do every week I checked my store to see if it was in (not). Then I went to another store's site to check on another lens I was interested in. No joy, but this other store said they had the 28. I took a ride with some trepidation that they really didn't  have it because no one seemed to. And lo and behold, one clerk said it was not in stock. Feeling a little lost, I went back to the Nikon section of the store, and looked around for a few minutes feasting my eyes on the Z 70-200 (which wasn't in stock), and the Z 14-24 (which was). I was about to leave when, I guess a manager, came over to the section.  I decided to ask him about the 70-200, and then the 28. Lo and behold, he said the 28 was in stock. He called the stock room and had it brought up. Ten  minutes later I walked out of the store with it. So I got lucky today. Its a $300 lens, so I hope it punches well above its cost. We'll see.

-- hide signature --

Rich Rosen

Rich Rosen's gear list:Rich Rosen's gear list
Nikon D1X Fujifilm X-E3 Nikon Z6 II Sigma 1.4x EX DG Tele Converter Sigma 2x EX DG Tele Converter +18 more
Nikon Z fc
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow