Firmware 3.40 issues

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
TITCHY Senior Member • Posts: 1,370
Re: Firmware 3.40 issues

Qbalion wrote:

Could be an operator mistake in our cases mate Or the issues occur just with specific conditions/settings?

Please share your settings? Was in AF-S or AF-C? Please check also Release/Focus priority and other AF settings.

What scenes did you shoot and in what conditions? Natural light or flashes?

I am happy that the others report just improvements and success but I'd like find what is the cause of my (our) issues.

I also consider a downgrade to ver 3.31 just to compare the results.

glad to see someone more philosophic about the slight discrepancy you found, its indeed refreshing (on this website ) to see someone willing to give the benefit of the doubt , regarding a possible issue with the firmware.

by far the majority of us have been pleasantly surprised and pleased with the results of firmware 3.40 , also there are at least half a dozen reviews of the new firmware online , "Matt Irvin" and "Grays of Westminster" to name a few and both showing pretty definitively the differences and clear improvements in the firmware.

I do not use eye detect very much , but I do use the standard tracking box , and it too has improved (both in speed and accuracy).

maybe the OP should consider a full camera reset , and (or) re-applying the firmware.

I have been there myself years ago (with a D300) that behaved appallingly after a firmware update ,and while everyone else had no problems ,  re applying can often put it right , while a reset can also put things right if one may have inadvertently set up in a way that stops a particular function from performing as expected.

TITCHY's gear list:TITCHY's gear list
Nikon Df Nikon D810 Nikon D500 Nikon Z7 Nikon Z6 +65 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow