Do you always/almost always take your camera along? A survey.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
snappyden
snappyden Veteran Member • Posts: 6,134
Do you always/almost always take your camera along? A survey.

Morning,

I have a couple of good friends who seem to always have a camera(s) hung off their shoulder/in their pocket, and a couple of friends who seem to always have their smart phones in their hands for photographic purposes.

I, on the other hand, have been consciously leaving cameras at home (and phone in my pocket) on various outings thinking I will "connect" with the surroundings and the people I am with more completely if I "focus" on them and not photography.

Case in point:  We traveled up to San Francisco on Sunday (about 1.5 hour drive)  to spend the day with good friends that we now only see about every 3 months (Covid and distance).  So I decided to not take any cameras along on the day trip.

San Francisco is an absolutely incredible city, IMHO, with much to see and photograph.   One of the friends we were visiting helps run a non-profit that works with the city, corporations and donors to identify and then create/improve small parklike environments in alleyways and vacant property.  We spent about 3 hours walking around a couple of neighborhoods viewing some of her recent successes.  Photographing these areas would have been quite enjoyable, but I really wanted to be fully engaged with our friends the entire time we were with them.

I've been traveling without camera more lately when I feel like its a detriment to getting the most out of the outing.  Be in the moment, so to speak.

Your views and input would be interesting and appreciated.

Thanks,

Den

snappyden's gear list:snappyden's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS15 Sony RX100
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD RLBur
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow