I took the plunge !

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Fishchris
Fishchris Veteran Member • Posts: 5,525
I took the plunge !

I know their are guys on here who buy new cameras and gear, a few X's a year, and for whom $5 or $6K is like pocket change.... But I promise, I'm NOT one of those guys ! lol Actually, I work my butt off to scrape by.

I don't want to drag down the mood of this post, but in a nutshell, I've lost a couple of close friends, completely out of the blue, in the last year I've always known life is uncertain, but this has really been kind shoved into my face. I could honestly be gone in 6 months (I mean, by tomorrow too, but I hope I can at least play with my new toys first

This ^ played a big part in my decision. I've had the $ for a while now.... but my continuous cash flow has been sporadic. And with everything in the world being so shaky for the last two years, I'm tempted to be tight fisted with every penny I have. So this is the push / pull I've been struggling with.

Long story short, I finally fell to the side of > I better get busy living, while I still can ! 

______

So here's my new toy list;

Canon R5

Canon battery grip

Canon 1.4 TC

Sigma 150-600 contemporary

Canon Ef to Rf converter

SD memory 2 x 128GB and 1 x CF 128GB

Handstrap

I had to hold my breath when pressing the "Place your order" button !

Hoping I can get this camera somewhat dialed in relatively quickly.

PS, My trusty old 6D has been a good camera, for what it was. Definitely going to keep it. Actually, I'm going to remove the grip (to make it smaller and lighter) and let my GF have it. She can use my 400 F5.6 when we are out on birding and wildlife trips.... Or, put the old Nifty Fifty on it for people and pets

-- hide signature --

Photos are my paintings. The camera is my brush.
Website
www.LightInEveryCorner.com
https://www.flickr.com/photos/161603079@N02/
DPreview gallery; http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/5075216809
No time or attention given for negativity or trolls.

Fishchris's gear list:Fishchris's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM +2 more
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow