Good lenses for product photography and video [M50]?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Robertzoone
Robertzoone New Member • Posts: 8
Good lenses for product photography and video [M50]?

Could someone suggest to me what would be the best choice to improve my M50 as I want to make more products photo and some products videos?

Basically, I'm reviewing a lot of gadgets, products, figurines, toys and want to take better photos. Some of the examples would be a console on a desk, gamepads, headphones, retro console, figures. Compositions on a desk where I want to highlight specific products and/or situations.

I'd like to have a nice sharp image and an interesting bokeh effect. Of course, most of that depends on composition and light too. I'm having a light setup that works but missing better image quality.

Let me be honest. So far I've been using iPhone 12 Pro Max with my M50 and kit lenses 15-45mm. The kit lens isn't the best and I believe it is time to upgrade that.

I've been thinking about:
- Canon 22mm

- Canon 32mm f1.4

- Sigma 16mm f1.4

I'm also looking to make with my M50 some videos for this type of product and situation. I know each of those lenses will be good but will be the best choice?
Is there anything that you could suggest?
Not gonna lie that I found a few nice deals for them as some stores still have them on sale so I had to ask people with bigger experience.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Robertzoone's gear list:Robertzoone's gear list
Canon EOS M50 Sigma 56mm F1.4 DC DN
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow