Z5 or Z50

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Haus71 New Member • Posts: 17
Z5 or Z50

I recently submittted a question to the forum regarding whether I should go mirrorless or go DSLR.  I have made the decision to to mirrorless and am now trying to determine if I should go with a Z50 or a Z5.    What I would like to do is get into doing some mini-portait sessions to start while learning the camera.  I believe that a Z5 would best fit that scenario.  I dont have any interest in eventually getting into wedding photography down the road (of course that could change in the years to come).....In all measures, I would consider myself an amateur/beginner.  I have had a DSLR in the past, but I can admit I didnt use it to its fullest potential.  So in this case, I think a Z50 would be best.  I'm just trying to get the right camera that I could 'grow into' yet, not under buy.   Is it best to jump straight into the Z5 (I can get a really good deal on it, which is why I am looking), or stick with the Z50 and learn on that, eventually moving into the Z5 or whatever is out then?  I've got to get the right camera now....I dont have a ton of cash to spend every few years on a new body.   And how would the Z50 work with the mini sessions I would like to do?  I know the Z5 gives a better image with background blur, etc.  But if I can get equal (or close to equal) results from the Z50, I'd go with that.  Thoughts?  Which way is best?

Nikon Z50
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
NNS
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow