Did a7iv make it harder to decide to get the R6?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Larawanista
Larawanista Veteran Member • Posts: 4,736
Re: Did a7iv make it harder to decide to get the R6?

3V AudioVideo wrote:

Larawanista wrote:

By all means go for the A7IV. It appears to be a very capable camera in the right hands. Not as fast as the R6 but has 33mp so maybe you can later on tell us if it's worth the money.

My brain says get the A7iv but my heart says R6. I'm just glad I never got any Nikon crop camera in the past otherwise there may have been 1 more camera to decide on. Pretty sure I will be getting the Sony, but I will still always keep my little Canon M50.

The past six months I've been using the R6 tells me it's worth the money. Keeper rate North of 90%. Superb video capabilities too. My days of focusing and recomposing are completely over. Focusing points are where I want them to be all of the time. And there's a firmware update in a couple of days, to further improve Eye AF, and add vehicle etc as an option. What wows me the most, however, is high ISO performance. It's the first camera I comfortably use at ISO12800.

-- hide signature --

"Photography is therapeutic."
https://www.pbase.com/joshcruzphotos

Larawanista's gear list:Larawanista's gear list
Canon EOS M3 Canon EOS R Canon EOS RP Canon EOS R6 Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow