Looking to replace my old Induro AT-313... seems like the most similar options are double the price?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
CreeDo Senior Member • Posts: 1,634
Looking to replace my old Induro AT-313... seems like the most similar options are double the price?

I was happy with my Induro tripod (recommended by someone on this forum I believe), but it got totalled with my car a while back. Now I need to replace it.

To my eye, this tripod is literally identical to my old one except for the carbon fiber pattern on the legs - https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1158125-REG/induro_clt203_2_stealth_carbon.html/overview

But my old one was $187, this is $380.

Is this pandemic pricing or is it because everything's being made of carbon fiber now? Or is the tripod I'm looking at, actually much better than my old one?
Should I seek out cheaper, non-CF tripods if cost is more important than weight? Am I gonna be able to find a $200 as good as the old one?

CreeDo's gear list:CreeDo's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS R6 Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM +5 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow