Continuous autofocus in intelligent/superior auto mode on Sony a7 ii

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Michele Cutrone New Member • Posts: 6
Continuous autofocus in intelligent/superior auto mode on Sony a7 ii

Hello to all; considering the title, I almost feel compelled to make a further premise (for purists): I can shoot perfectly manually, I can shoot perfectly with the semi-automatic modes but for practical reasons I prefer the Superior (low light) and Intelligent (good light) AUTO modes; I started my photographic experience at the age of 18 with an a6000 and I immediately tried to learn the triangle of exposure and everything that, at least technically, photography concerns; but I repeat, for purely personal reasons (I suffer from performance anxiety and the idea of ​​losing the shot sends me into an annoying paranoia) I prefer the automatic mode.
I bought a Sony a7ii for about two weeks (graduation gift); very nice ML that launched me into the fairy world of Full-frame (I didn't buy an a7iii for economic reasons, and the idea of ​​used body, even if guaranteed, didn't appeal to me because of the scrapings on the camera bodies).

As already mentioned, I shoot a lot in AUTO and playing with the settings I noticed that it is not possible to select continuous autofocus neither in Superior Auto mode nor in Intelligent Auto mode. I wandered through several videos on youtube and found a guy who could choose to put AFC mode on AUTO on a Sony a6400 (I didn't find anything else because apparently the AUTO topic is totally snubbed even on youtube). I searched the instruction booklet but found nothing about it. At this point I feel forced to those who perhaps have more experience than me with this camera body. I know very well that I can choose the sport mode in SCN, however I have noticed that the shutter is literally fired in this mode (as it should be) and I don't like it; I would therefore like to understand if it is possible to put AFC in AUTO mode on Sony a7ii or if I have to discard this possibility regardless. The question arises because the different scenes fielded by Sony cover 90% of my needs, but then I said to myself: "what if I have to photograph children who never stand still?". I also know about the possibility of using the P mode but I noticed that here the shutter is kept around 1 / 60s (base) against 1 / 160s (base) of the AUTO mode (obviously at the expense of the ISO that are raised, but not so much to create problems).

I apologize for being very long-winded, but it was my concern to give you a complete general idea of ​​my situation. I thank in advance whoever wants to answer me.

p.s. sorry for my english but i am italian

Sony a6000 Sony a7 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow