Sony a6600 with canon mount Tamron150-600mm lens for wildlife

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
headshotable New Member • Posts: 9
Re: Sony a6600 with canon mount Tamron150-600mm lens for wildlife

Martin_99 wrote:

Fine Lens wrote:

Hi All,

I want to upgrade my wildlife setup from canon 77d to Sony or some other version for canon. I REALLY looking for budged camera because I egerly waiting for R7.

Right now I am thing to setup parallel lineup for wildlife as well like Sony for future use if I did not move to R7 completely.

Thats why I want to use my present canon mount Tamron 150-600mm G2 with Sony using adapter. My concern is the eye Autofocus for Sony will work with this setup or not? My another reason to move mirrorless is eye af for animal and birds. I capture birds mostly. Sony has great af for long time now. So that is the reason I initially thought about Sony.

R6 is expensive and full frame. I am targeting mainly APS-C body for extra reach.

Please, advise me on this or some other alternatives if you think will server the same or better purpose.

Thanks to all in advance for helping me.

Subhajit

If you want good AF performance, avoid adapted solutions. Specially cross brands. Period.

Disagree. With the latest adapter and lens firmware, Sigma 150 600 C EF mount gives native like performance on my Sony a6400. I recently compared it to Sony 200 600 G and I was not impressed with the Sony lens. For the most part hardly any difference in  AF acquisition. Also my copy of Sigma lens appears to be sharper than the Sony copy I tested.

To the OP, animal AF does not work on birds on a6600, only with dogs, cats and the like.

The only cameras with bird eye AF as of now are Sony A1, Canon R6, R5 and R3

headshotable's gear list:headshotable's gear list
Sony a6400 Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow