Applecare+ Worth It?

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
jaberg
jaberg Contributing Member • Posts: 552
Re: Applecare+ Worth It?

As with any insurance the worth is dependent on your willingness and ability to assume risk.

Personally I've never purchased AppleCare. I'm not particularly accident prone and rarely damage a phone or device. (See below.) Apple has been very good with both warranty repairs and a few complimentary out of warranty repairs/replacements. (An OG iPhone and several batteries for an old PowerBook.) I've paid for a (very) few repairs out of pocket too. Including the replacement of an iPhone damaged when I fell off a paddle board — though even there Apple met me halfway. ($500 out of pocket.) Adding it up across all of my devices over many years of ownership, I'm way ahead by having self-insured.

In contrast, my BFF is death on phones and devices. She takes out the insurance on iPhone and Watch — and gets her money's worth.

The answer is it depends.

jaberg's gear list:jaberg's gear list
DxO One Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-S10 Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Fujifilm XF 16-80mm F4 +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow