Opinion and settings please.

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
qwzx9 Junior Member • Posts: 47
Opinion and settings please.

I am 76 and currently on crutches. I mention that so you know I won't be interested in lugging a lot of kit about.

I also seem to have lost my mojo for taking photos over the last pandemic period but in a couple of days I will be in Amsterdam to visit the Christmas Market. My passion for night shots with water reflections has prompted me to seek practical advice about suitable kit and settings. By the way, I am unlikely to print any pics and will probably view them on a HQ laptop.

Tripod is obviously going to be necessary but which camera should I take (only the one) and best settings.

Kit: Samsung S9+

Sony 7 Mk2 with kit lens  (I have other lenses, but I see no point in a large zoom range for the expected scenes. (A bit of a lump but does produce the best images should I ever wish to print at a max of A3)

Panasonic TZ100 (JPGs usually look very good with practically no noise. The RAW version is a nightmare to deal with because of excessive noise issues).

The scenes should be a blaze of small lights. Perhaps this will reduce the likelihood of over exposed light points that spoil many night shots for me. I accept stacking is the way forward in those cases, but what range of max - min exposure would you suggest?

Any other tips along the lines of the above would be greatly appreciated.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow