Upgrading from Nikon D80, Nikon D500 vice Nikon D7500?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BrendaS Forum Member • Posts: 81
Upgrading from Nikon D80, Nikon D500 vice Nikon D7500?

I have been doing a fair amount of research on these two camera options since this spring as well as taking online courses at Digital Photography School.  For my interest in all things nature and wildlife (including close-ups), I am leaning toward the D500 vice the D7500.  I like the faster autofocus and from my research, the D500 is also a good all-around camera for landscapes, etc. The D500 is heavier than the D80, but it is what it is.  Using the D80 for some of the assignments (18-135mm) lens has been a bit limiting at times.  The plus with either of these two camera options, my current 18-135mm lens will still work.  For a telephoto lens, I am looking at the Tamron 18-400mm for wildlife shooting.  Any opinions one way or the other between the D500 and D7500?  Also, for a landscape lens, is there one I should consider adding later in lieu of the 18-135mm lens I currently have?

Nikon D500 Nikon D7500 Nikon D80
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow