ANAYV wrote:

Hi all.

I have and use DXO PL 4.

I can upgrade for $49 to PL5

Anything faster?

Using PC Win 10

16GB DDR4 RAM

GPU: 1650 with 4GB DDR5 RAM

Another option (for $99 ) is Topaz Image bundle.

Thoughts?

Thanks

ANAYV

Not sure what area of image manipulation you are looking at specifically, but I can say from a NR standpoint, PL5 does a very good job, and is probably better than DeNoise in my opinion. While DeNoise did a decent job at removing noise, I felt I lost a bit of detail as a result, even playing around with the settings, but in PL5 I'm getting much better results and are more satisifed with it's NR algorithms, so I'd say go for PL5 if the choice was mine. I can't compare it to PL4 though (as v5 is the first version I've bought).

I see.

Yes Deep Prime is so good. I would get Topaz for Ai sharpen and Gigapixel, mainly Gigapixel. But good to hear Deep Prime is better. Seems same as in PL4.

I think both products have their place in workflows, but for me (doing a lot of landscapes and travel photography) I find that PL does a better job overall, not just NR but even rivals Lightroom in many areas.

I am most curious about differences between PL4 and 5.

Seems not a big upgrade like PL3 and 4 were, IMHO.

Asking, in case There are significant upgrades i might find useful.

Thanks for your thoughts sirhawkeye64

ANAYV

From what I've read from others (And you probably have too) probably not a big enough upgrade. However, after thinking about this a bit, I see these tools (Topaz's set of tools and PL) as additional tools in my editing workflow. I may use Topaz for some things, and PL for others (like lens cions or other things) and perhaps DeNoise for lighter NR applications. I know you probably don't want to buy both and if you're looking at a specific function, then it may make sense to only get one (the one that works best for you).

Personally I would just download the PL5 trial (maybe run it on a second computer if you already have PL4 installed on your primary computer; and a demo of the Topaz tools). Unfotunately, these sales will end today I think so you have about 12 hours to test them before the promo runs out. However if you have PL4 the upgrade to 5.0 for $49 might be worth it even if you pick up one or more of the Topaz tools.

That's just how I view these tools. I have DeNoise AI and overall I prefer PL over Denoise for most things (after playing around with both over the weekend) but DeNoise is nice because -- partially it can run as a plug-in to PS, whereas PL cannot.

Thanks for this info.

Seems not too much for me in upgrading DXO...I am fine with DXO PL4...but never had Topaz. I did try denoise back some years ago...but that was before I had DXO.

Have to think fast ...contemplating getting the Topaz bundle

ANAYV

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow