ANAYV wrote:

Hi all.

I have and use DXO PL 4.

I can upgrade for $49 to PL5

Anything faster?

Using PC Win 10

16GB DDR4 RAM

GPU: 1650 with 4GB DDR5 RAM

Another option (for $99 ) is Topaz Image bundle.

Thoughts?

Thanks

ANAYV

Rationally, it's hardly worth upgrading from PL4 to 5, as there's very few improvements. Some people get a performance improvement with DeepPRIME, but only if they have a very recent GPU. I don't think you will.

There are some useful, but minor, improvements in local adjustments and the little-used keyword feature, which hardly justify the new release. But at a 50% discount, it may be just about buying, if only to potentially get support for new camera(s) that you may buy in the coming months. I did buy, almost out of habit. I wouldn't have done if money was tight.

Of the Topaz bundle, Sharpen AI is easily the most useful product. DeNoise AI is almost irrelevant to PhotoLab users, as it's less effective than DeepPRIME and much more effort to use. Gigapixel may be useful if you frequently need to upscale images, particularly of birds. I don't. Without the Topaz offer, I would only have bought extended support for Sharpen AI, as I don't make much use of the other two products.

Thanks for this info Digital Nigel.

ANAYV

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow