Fujifilm X-Series Gear Tier List (Long) Locked

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Dr_J Regular Member • Posts: 144
Re: Fujifilm X-Series Gear Tier List (Long)

I appreciate what you tried to do here, but I don't agree with your list. It's all over the place.

I can only comment on lenses I had a chance to use.

S-Tier:

XF 23mm f/2 R WR, XF 35mm f/2 R WR, and XF 50mm f/2 R WR. Some of the definitive lenses in the evolution of light lens photography.

These are good lenses but not that good to be considered legendary. However, I understand you define them as THE lenses that brought Fuji X-line into street photography. For me, these are B-tier.

A-Tier

XF 18-55mm f/2.8-4 R LM OIS: For Video!

Maybe for video this is A-tier. For photography it's only B-tier at best.

Another A-tier lens is XF 14mm f/2.8. It's small, light, very sharp, very well corrected optically and the only thing that is lowering it's score is lack of weather sealing (AF is fine, although loud).

B-Tier

(Camera) X-Pro(Series) (X-Pro3): Based off a rangefinder design, this camera is kept out of S-Tier by its lack of IBIS. Current IBIS systems are too large to fit inside this camera’s body. This will take worse pictures because it lacks IBIS but may also take better candid pictures because of its small form factor.

Based on your own ranking, this should be S-tier easily, as this is THE camera for street photography in Fuji's lineup. And I fail to see how XPro suffers in street photo due to lack of IBIS.

C-Tier

XF 35mm f/1.4 R: The X-Series equivalent of a junk 50mm with soft edges. The 33mm is much better.

This one is easily B-tier. Older design but certainly not a "junk 50mm with soft edges" - not even close.

Dr_J's gear list:Dr_J's gear list
Ricoh GR III Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow