Two problems with new A7 IV

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
NewtoSony978 New Member • Posts: 2
Two problems with new A7 IV

Hello, I just got my A7 IV yesterday and it's quite a nice camera. Feels good in the hand and I love the flippy screen! I have run into two issues that I couldn't find the answer to, so I hope you can help me out.

1. The first is that I can track/focus with the touch screen, but it doesn't take a photo. I still have to press the shutter button, which is quite inconvenient when the screen is flipped out. How can I program the camera that it takes a photo once it confirms focus?

2. I'm getting banding in my shots. First I thought it was due the electronic shutter/the front curtain. But it still persists when I turn that off. I found 1 similar case but it was with the A7 III: https://www.reddit.com/r/SonyAlpha/comments/e93i0g/sony_a7iii_banding_again/

There the shutter kept giving banding results even when turning everything off with the fully mechanical shutter. Perhaps this is user error, but I couldn't find other settings besides ''silent shooting'' and ''ecurtain''. Is there one I missed?

Sony a7 Sony a7 III Sony a7 IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
fip
l92
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow