Panasonic GH5M2 video Autofocus (and other examples)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Interceptor121 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,333
Panasonic GH5M2 video Autofocus (and other examples)

I have now uploaded the final (if there is such thing) grade of some test shots I did recently using the new flat photo style

In this video I am using autofocus single area plus animal tracking while panning and even zooming on deer. the camera does a good job at long distance but I presume this is partially due to the depth of field at 50 meters or so is over five meters on the other hand this is the actual equipment available and even with 200 + Tc it would be near 4 meters

Funny enough most of the time I experienced issues on the GH5 was when focussing on a static subject the camera would pulse this seems not to be there or be very little to the point is not bothering for deer at least.

The footage is at 30fps as that looks more fluid on youtube and am using a monopod lens is PL 50-200mm with 1.4 Tc

Interceptor121's gear list:Interceptor121's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix DC-GH5 II Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro +14 more
Panasonic GH5 Panasonic Leica DG 50-200mm F2.8-4 Panasonic Lumix DC-GH5 II (Lumix DC-GH5M2)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow