ANAYV wrote:

Hi all.

I have and use DXO PL 4.

I can upgrade for $49 to PL5

Anything faster?

Using PC Win 10

16GB DDR4 RAM

GPU: 1650 with 4GB DDR5 RAM

Another option (for $99 ) is Topaz Image bundle.

Thoughts?

Thanks

ANAYV

Not sure what area of image manipulation you are looking at specifically, but I can say from a NR standpoint, PL5 does a very good job, and is probably better than DeNoise in my opinion.  While DeNoise did a decent job at removing noise,  I felt I lost a bit of detail as a result, even playing around with the settings, but in PL5 I'm getting much better results and are more satisifed with it's NR algorithms, so I'd say go for PL5 if the choice was mine.  I can't compare it to PL4 though (as v5 is the first version I've bought).

I think both products have their place in workflows, but for me (doing a lot of landscapes and travel photography) I find that PL does a better job overall, not just NR but even rivals Lightroom in many areas.

-- hide signature --

(NOTE: If I don't reply to a direct comment in the forums, it's likely I unsubscribed from the thread.)

sirhawkeye64's gear list:sirhawkeye64's gear list
Nikon Z6 II Nikon Z7 II GoPro Hero8 Black Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 Nikon Z 14-30mm F4 +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow