Fujifilm X-Series Gear Tier List (Long) Locked

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Mr Bolton Senior Member • Posts: 1,397
Re: Fujifilm X-Series Gear Tier List (Long)

DrSteveD wrote:

The X100 series are fixed lens cameras. Extremely good fixed lens camera, but not X-Series Gear (interchangeable lens cameras and lenses). If I put the X100 on this list, I'd have to, at the minimum, add flashes also.

The X-100 is an X series camera, each iteration sharing CPU and sensor with its current generation stablemates.. you just can't take the lens off. Including this wouldn't be the same as adding in flashes. Others in this thread have mentioned the fixed lens Sony RX series, expensive in comparison, but also really good.

For the X-H1 I feel your pain, but the camera came out in 2018. The body is going for $845 on Amazon right now(the X-S10 is $999). I'm treating it as a soft discontinue.

That's fair. But having shot both, and the X-H1 for years in all manner of scenarios, I can safely say that unless you need 4K60p video, it gives at least the X-T3 a pretty good run for its money outside of critical autofocus speed. It also has the distinction of being the first body Fuji ever referred to as Flagship in its marketing. Hugh Brownstone summed it up best: "One generation away from being legendary." The rumored X-H2 looks to be making good on that prophecy. I just hope they retain the removable grip design because I prefer having two different size and control options.

Mr Bolton's gear list:Mr Bolton's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow