Fujifilm X-Series Gear Tier List (Long) Locked

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Schleiermacher Senior Member • Posts: 2,571
Re: Fujifilm X-Series Gear Tier List (Long)

Funny thing, Clive. I favor the f/2 small primes but its based on my distinctive needs and preferences. I harbor no illusions that they aren’t bested optically by the 56 and 90, but for my style and needs the f/2’s are a better fit. Your preferences and needs probably differ and that’s fine with me.

What this difference reveals is precisely my point. Every photographer’s priorities, needs, and style will be different and gear will be assessed and chosen accordingly.

What 20+ years at this has taught me though, is that actually using the gear in the field is the only true test for determining what is best for me. And my needs and preferences evolve over time alongside my creative intentions and idiosyncracies.

Trying to rank gear in some objective, universal hierarchy is futile.

Matt

-- hide signature --

Schleiermacher
www.mmathews.zenfolio.com
----------------------------------------------
'At our best and most fortunate we make pictures because of what stands in front of the camera, to honor what is greater and more interesting than we are. We never accomplish this perfectly, though in return we are given something perfect -- a sense of inclusion. Our subject thus redefines us, and is part of the biography by which we want to be known.' --Robert Adams, Why People Photograph

Schleiermacher's gear list:Schleiermacher's gear list
Pentax K-1 Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm X-T3 Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow