New to FF using used A9 ;)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bryanA9
bryanA9 Senior Member • Posts: 1,196
New to FF using used A9 ;)

I've been able to procure an used A9 ... got it yesterday. Customized it and find it not as straightforward as my A6600. Ergonomically due to size it's better but the AF-On and AEL buttons are on a beveled face and hard to feel and they are somewhat exacting on how/where you press them. For the time being I set AF-On to the joystick button.

Concerning Field of View, while its wider due to no crop factor one just zooms in where possible to compensate. So it's not any easier to deal with than the A6600 except at the wide and long focal lengths.

I do seem some differences in the shots between FF and APS-C but they are mostly subtle but do add up.

One reason I went to mirrorless was for a lighter system.

Well my A9 came with a battery grip and the whole kit weight some 3034gm! But I do find the balance better and ergonomics better

It's going to be a few days before the Sun starts showing itself around here so today being wet and dreary was a low light testing situation.

Apparently with Auto ISO the EV step is 1 and you can't select .3 ??

I'am not overwhelmed by the A9 over my A6600. But further testing and working kinks out will tell if it's a recommendation to anyone else.

Anyways here are 2 shots from today:

Stellar Jay

Pileated Woodpecker

bryanA9's gear list:bryanA9's gear list
Sony a9 Tamron 150-500mm F5-6.7 Di III VC VXD
Sony a9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow