Sony a6000 & Safari - Confused

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ActiveChewy New Member • Posts: 19
Sony a6000 & Safari - Confused

This forum is amazing! I have been reading through the threads and there is such good information, so much information that I think I'm in analysis paralysis! I'm hoping you all can help me.

I'm going on a safari soon and have a Sony a6000 with a 16-50 mm lens. I know I need a longer lens for the safari but unsure which lens would be best for me. I'm not a professional photographer by any stretch and really a beginner (I'm still learning how to use the a6000), I just want to be able to take better photos than I could with my iphone 13.

I'll be shooting fine JPEGs and doing some tweaks later on in lightroom.  I want to avoid having to change lenses if at all possible because we'll be on game drives and it gets dusty out there and I don't want to take another camera (I'll already have my iphone 13 and the a6000).

Since I would like to not change lenses I was thinking this lens would work best and would love your thoughts on it. Will it work ok in early morning game drives where there's not a ton of sun out yet? Will it be super heavy to hold (I'm a petite woman)? Is there something I'm not considering? Welcome any and all of your thoughts!

Sony - 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 Compact E-Mount Standard Zoom Lens - Black

Or am I better off just getting the 55-210mm and saving some $, and just using my iphone 13 for landscapes and my a6000 for the animals on this trip.

Thank you in advance!

Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
mm
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow