Barred Eagle Owl

Started 2 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
searching_eyes Senior Member • Posts: 1,505
Barred Eagle Owl

Today, I was planning to go to a beach. However, the rain stopped me doing so. Hence, I waited for the rain to stop. When it stopped, time was already close to 4pm. So, I decided to go to the recreational park near my home. Was searching for the kingfisher at the favorite spot. Didn't see the kingfisher. Suddenly I saw the back of a brownish middle sized bird.  The shape was rather not fitting an eagle. Out of curiosity, I waited for its head to turn, and to my excitement it is the Barred Eagle Owl! I have been dreaming of photographing owls since started birding, and today the luck was on my side. I did some research, if the eyes of the owl is black, it would be most likely nocturnal. So, I am thrilled to encounter this beautiful creature in the afternoon.

Now I am wondering whether this owl was just stopping by or it is actual a resident bird in this park? Never before I heard folks saying they saw owls in this park, perhaps they usually come out at night?

Here some shots that I would like to share. All the shots are not cropped, but downsized for posting due to the large file size.

Thanks for viewing. Hope you enjoy.

searching_eyes's gear list:searching_eyes's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon 6D Mark II Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow