Fujifilm X-Series Gear Tier List (Long) Locked

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
OP DrSteveD New Member • Posts: 9
Re: Fujifilm X-Series Gear Tier List (Long)

Alice732 wrote:

These lenses are great for outdoor use and generally suffer if shot wide open at f/2.

Then I guess the question is why are they in s-tier, there are a lot of f/2 lenses that are wicked sharp wide open.

Basically reinvigorated street photography. Same reason folks use to shoot street with Leica's, it makes the camera less intrusive. Not all legendary glass is the best optically available.

cover the entire 24 to 200mm f/2.8 range at about half the price

Yea but you're covering the 24 to 200 f/4 range, not f/2.8

??? 16-55 f/2.8 + 55-140 f/2.8 = 35mm equivalent 24-200 at at 2.8. The f/4 is 16-35mm equivalent. Is this a Bokeh argument? I'm not aware of anything losing a stop of light from what an external light meter would tell you without Fuji giving warning (on the APD) except on 8-16 f/2.8 (which actually is only something like f 3.5 full wide due to how much glass they have in that thing).

I should also mention that the f/4 lenses from other systems are cheaper/lighter/smaller than these Fuji f/2.8 lenses.

when stepped down to f11 those imperfections are minimal

I'm not saying it's a bad lens, but I see people say that with all the worst lenses, especially the expensive ones.

I'd disagree but keep bitching, I want Fuji to decide to make a 10-24 f/2.8.

XF 16 f/1.4 R WR:

definitely s-tier

Current IBIS systems are too large to fit inside this camera’s body.

Sony A7C

A7C: 4.9 x 2.8 x 2.4 in.

X-Pro3; 5.5 x 3.3 x 1.8" The Fujifilm is half an inch more slender.  TBH I see your point.

X-T30 II: It doesn’t have IBIS. It will take worse pictures than a camera with IBIS

Wait what? What sense does that make?

No IBIS means more issues with camera shake (unless you are strapping the thing to a high quality tripod all the time, which in itself might be a problem).  Very high resolution images have a tendency to be more prone to camera shake.  Also improved video stabilization with IBIS.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow