Nikon Z 70-200 mm 2.8 + Z TC-2x or the new Z 100-400 mm

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Cheekabytes New Member • Posts: 10
Nikon Z 70-200 mm 2.8 + Z TC-2x or the new Z 100-400 mm

Hi,

I went through some of the other discussion around this thread. I wanted to present my situation and see what advice I get from this forum.

I switched from my D600 to Z6ii in January and have been enjoying the new camera. I do not earn money from photography. The only native Z lens I have is the 24-200 f/4-6.3 which has been excellent as a walk around lens. I am selling my F-mount lenses (mostly f/4s) to make room for the Z-mount lenses. My interests are travel photography with a large emphasis on landscapes and nature. However, I shoot everything else in between - macro, portraits etc. using F-mount primes. My better pictures are here

The 70-200 mm 2.8 will give me an professional grade lens in a range that I use very often. With the TC, it will also give me the extended range that I sorely miss for the occasional birding / fleet week / wildlife shooting / super moon opportunity. I am very tempted to go with this option.

On the other hand, the new 100-400 mm will give me that range with a fit for purpose lens and extension opportunities in the future.

I have never used a TC but based on the Z TC-2x reviews, it looks like it will get the job done for me

Appreciate your inputs in advance

Srikanth

Cheekabytes's gear list:Cheekabytes's gear list
Nikon Z6 II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.8G Nikon Z 24-200mm F4-6.3 VR
ANSWER:
Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow