Picking a camera for my colleague based in West Africa (~1000 USD / used or new)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ni ka Junior Member • Posts: 28
Picking a camera for my colleague based in West Africa (~1000 USD / used or new)

Hi,

My colleague would like to buy her first camera and has asked me for advice, I can get it for her from the US. She will use it mostly for travel, street and social media. She used a canon DSLR before and liked it, and she enjoys using manual mode. I am thinking that the camera needs to be robust and have a good app to connect with the phone. Her budget is around 1000 USD.

Here is what I've picked (used)

- Fuji x-t20 with 18-55 2.8-4

- Sony A6300 with 18-70 f4

- Olympus EM-1 mark ii with 12-40 2.8 pro

- Canon EOS M50 with 15-45 kit and EF-M 22mm f/2

(had included a Canon EOS 5D III but I think its def too bulky)

And also just saw the black friday offer for the Canon RP + 24-105 4-7.1 for 1199.

I own a Panasonic G9 and Sony a7c. From the list above my favourites are the Canon RP and the Olympus EM-1 II. I was trying to keep in mind how she would extend her kit over time.

I think she would enjoy the fuji's manual controls, but sth tells me she won't like the grip. I am unsure about the M50, but like that she could always get some cheap EF-S glass for it, same with EF for the RP which can be found in West Africa (choices locally are very limited, so is repairability).

What do you think?

Cheers!

Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M) Fujifilm X-T20 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Sony a6300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow