New EOS M owner tips : M6 Mark II + 22m f2

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
c_man Regular Member • Posts: 228
New EOS M owner tips : M6 Mark II + 22m f2

Hi all,

Per the title, the M6 Mark II + 22m f2 combo has been dispatched and finding it's way to me over the next couple of days! It's my first step into Canon ownership! Really wanted the EVF but will perhaps add in future...

Threads like EF-M 22mm f/2 - Post your PHOTOS! went some way to convince me the versatility of the lens will work for me. Thanks to those who contributed.

• Configuration Items: are there any recommended steps/things to know about/ to be aware of when first setting up? Not as a new Canon user, but items specific to the M6 MKII. There is a 1hr video here [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDniXQvHQus] - any opinions on it?
  • Firmware: Given it was released in 2020, can I assume the firmware update, that allows 24fps, will have been applied?
  • Memory Card: Is there a 'go to' memory card brand and specification to go for, for the M6 MKII? Would be shooting both photos and video.

Thanks in advance for any pointers!

Canon EOS M6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow