Early impressions with new R6.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jcr67
jcr67 Senior Member • Posts: 1,476
Early impressions with new R6.

After a couple of uses I am getting a little more comfortable using the R6. It will take a little time to get used to the lack of an ovf, but not as bad as I thought it might be and over time I'm sure it will just feel normal. The battery life seems to be not as big an issue as I expected either. With grip attached and 2 batteries installed I have taken just over 250 shots and battery indicater is at 3/4 full. Autofocus is as good as advertised, fantastic. One surprise feature to me was the manual focus assist is great, I have a few manual focus lenses and this feature will make them much more usable. I have no RF lenses yet, but all my EF lenses af works as good or better than on my 6D2 or 90D. My early impressions of the R6 are very positive. Couple of shots of my new grandson with the R6 and Irix 30mm f1.4.

jcr67's gear list:jcr67's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Canon 6D Mark II Canon EOS 90D Canon EOS R6 +24 more
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow