Yongnuo 35mm f/2R DF DSM (mirrorless version)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Svearikefoto
Svearikefoto Junior Member • Posts: 26
Yongnuo 35mm f/2R DF DSM (mirrorless version)

Trying out the new RF-version of the mirrorless 35mm f/2, which was sent to me from Yongnuo, without any demands regarding positive statements about it. Thought I'd share some photos taken with it, as it really inspired me!

I owned the DSLR-version of this lens a couple of years ago. Build quality wise, the new one is obviously miles ahead.

Regarding bokeh, it's mostly nice and smooth. You have to get pretty close to throw the background out of focus enough though. Personally, I like vintage bokeh with outlining, but I'm probably in the minority with this.

Great sharpness already at f/2, apart from really closely focused, where stopping down just a bit increases the contrast.

A small complaint is the increased mfd of 35cm as opposed to 25cm of the old version, but it's not a big one.

For some reason, the RF-version is more expensive than the Sony E-version, which is perhaps the biggest gripe with it, being not too far away in price of the Canon RF 35mm f/1.8. I hope it will drop some in price soon.

f/2

f/2

Taken with the original 5D and the 50mm f/1.8 II.

f/5.6

f/2

Svearikefoto's gear list:Svearikefoto's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS R Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +8 more
Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow