Photo Editing Software for Non-Raw Files?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
16GreenBeans
16GreenBeans New Member • Posts: 15
Photo Editing Software for Non-Raw Files?

Hi there,

With all of the black friday deals going on currently for photo editing software, I've run into a bit of a pickle trying to determine what I should buy for my first, and probably only, editing program for photography. Primarily, I'd like to consider myself an intermediate level photographer, nowhere near a professional, and would only be using a program for sharpening, noise correction, cropping, and little tweaks here and there, nothing serious.

The problem lies in the fact that my current camera, a sigma, cannot shoot in conventional raw and photos only can be processed into jpg or tiff files. From what I understand though, pretty much every photo editing software out there tends to favour the RAW format.

I have been leaning towards Photolab 5 with their current 50% off deal as they seem to offer the best noise reduction and my photos tend to be noisy. That said, my camera is not supported by DXO's lens/camera correction and I worry that some of Photolab's usefulness might be wasted unless I switch camera systems (something I am seriously considering).

I was wondering if anyone happened to know an editing program which also could work decently with tiff files outside of Adobe? I've read solid things about Affinity Photo, Photolab, and Topaz Labs, but thought I should get some other opinions.

Best,

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow