Getting Capture One to recognize Sony A7 IV ARW files

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JayRayMe
JayRayMe Regular Member • Posts: 356
Getting Capture One to recognize Sony A7 IV ARW files

Hi,

I don't know if it's because I'm on v20 (I guess not) but C1 wouldn't import my ARW files from my brand new Sony A7 IV.

So using a tip I learned in this very forum (RX10 III/RX10 IV at the time. Can't remember who posted it but thank you sir!), I downloaded an EXIF editor (EXIT Pilot) and changed the "Model" field to "ILCE-7M3" and Capture One now recognizes the ARW file. I did some basic edits and it looks fine.

So again, thanks to the person who gave me this trick and I hope it can be useful to some others until our friends at Phase One update the software.

Please also feel free to post any problem/limitation of this method if there are any.

J.

P.S: please also feel free to post any tip on getting v22 at a bargain price, I used to pay <100€ for upgrade of the Sony version but it seems the good days are over

JayRayMe's gear list:JayRayMe's gear list
Sony a7 IV Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony FE 85mm F1.8 +3 more
Phase One Capture One Pro Sony a7 IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow