A7C and 50GM as an everyday carry?

Started Nov 24, 2021 | Discussions thread
EarthQuake Veteran Member • Posts: 3,202
Re: A7C and 50GM as an everyday carry?

jhunna wrote:

Soooo.....

My current everyday carry (EDC) is the A7C, Sony 20/2.8 apsc, and a HVL-f28RM flash. Not the best quality, but certainly fast enough and good enough for street shooting and candids for instant printing.

But now I have a problem, I got the GM, and that is literally the ONLY lens with which I want to shoot. It is heavier, and I actually care more about damaging it. If you are using this set up (or even the 35GM as an EDC) how are you protecting your gear? Do people notice you more with the larger lens? Is your angst up when using this lens vs being carefree in a way you would when you are shooting with lesser equipment?

Thoughts?

An APS-C 20mm and 50/1.2 create a pretty odd setup. For not much more money you could buy:

• 20/1.8
  • 35/1.8
  • 55/1.8
  • 85/1.8

And have an awesome kit that covers every use case outside of extreme wide angle (interiors, cityscapes) and wildlife/nature.

As to protection, I have a small messenger bag with a couple of padded dividers.

Unless you're carrying around a 70-200/2.8, I don't you'll be any more noticeable than you are with any DSLR/mirrorless and a typical lens.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow