SD card vs SD card reader

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
teddyboy Junior Member • Posts: 31
SD card vs SD card reader

There are apps that claim to be able to tell if an SD/SDXC/SDHC card is fake or not by running some tests and show its ID and other parameters, so I took out one of my cards and try them out.

However, on my Win 10 21H1 desktop and laptop only the card reader ID is shown but not the card itself. Tried different ports and cables on the desktop and saw no difference. The laptop has a built-in card slot and still is not showing the card ID. I also tried a micro SDHC card using a micro SDHC card reader and got the same thing.

Speed tests and capacity readings look okay though, and the cards read and write properly, but the fact its not showing the card ID bugs me. It seems something is preventing the computers to look beyond the card readers.

Device manager shows drivers are up to date. One of the cards I tested is a Sandisk Extreme SDHC 1 90 MB/s U3 Class 10 32 GB card, the other one is Adata micro SDHC 1 U1 Class 10 16GB card. Both card readers are USB 3.0. The built-in reader in the laptop is USB 2.0.

Are there settings I need to look at to make the card ID show through the readers?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow