I read an article: Nikon Z7 was the first Nikon MILC...

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Graxxor Anandro Vidhelssen
Graxxor Anandro Vidhelssen Regular Member • Posts: 178
I read an article: Nikon Z7 was the first Nikon MILC...

Not entirely sure the Z7 was actually Nikon's first mirrorless camera since about a dozen 1 Nikkor Bodies are proof of that....
The Nikon 1 V3 is an absolute credit to Nikon's engineering prowess: 7 years old and still eminently usable and entirely relevant today in 2021.

I just picked up a Z7 and 24-70 s/h combi for a song and a prayer. It's an absolutely fantastic camera and I have zero buyer's remorse.

I imagine that many who owned it, upon transitioning to "full fat mirrorless" have parted with their 1 Nikkor gear... I know that Yahoo Auctions are replete with 1N gear at stupid low prices right now.

For example, despite all the Z7 greatness with the newest 3.4 firmware. My 1 NIKKOR V3 is here to stay. No way I'm giving it up and the fact that both the FTZ and FT1 adaptors exist only adds to the Nikon synergy.

With the acquisition of of the Z7, I have -instead- decided to divest myself of a whole bunch of gear that has found itself sandwiched between the power of the FF Nikkor Z and the adorable, portable cuteness of my complete (except for the über expensive 32 1.2 and 70-300) set of 1 Nikkor gear and I thus find myself bidding a fond farewell to all my 20 odd DX lenses and three various series DX bodies (3k, 5k and 7k series)
As a bonus, I will be saying goodbye to my mint D810 which has now been made all but redundant... And if my Yahoo Auction prices go to plan, I'll have recouped more than the cost of my V3's big brother entirely.

My final lineup will be D5 and D4 (sports and live events work), Z7 (architecture, landscape work), Df and V3 (personal projects and recreation).

I honestly think that the 1N had real potential to be the ultimate portable mirrorless of choice with a little more refinement and tuning and needs to be given a bit more credit in the historical lineup of Nikon. Arguably, it was the first run that made Nikon's second "first run" as successful as it was.

Bravo Nikon... So far, so good and now the Z9 tsunami is approaching!

Two cameras at different ends of the spectrum, sharing an inordinate amount of historical and conceptual DNA yet never stamping on each others' toes:

Graxxor Anandro Vidhelssen's gear list:Graxxor Anandro Vidhelssen's gear list
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 135mm f/2D DC Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/2.8G ED-IF VR Nikon 1 V2 Nikon Df +21 more
Nikon 1 V3 Nikon D4 Nikon D5 Nikon D810 Nikon Df Nikon Z7 Nikon Z9 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS1 (Lumix DMC-FT1)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow