M 50mki vs Fuji xt-20....sony?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
davev8
davev8 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,467
M 50mki vs Fuji xt-20....sony?

My 9 year old has been using my old M2 and 15-45 that i gave him for almost a year and has some good photos from it ..i may post some below

but i think he needs a better body now with a VF as he can struggle in bright sun and AF that can shoot something moving will be helpful, also some external controls and peaking as i have a lot of manual focus lenses he can use and a flippy/tilting LCD as he likes low angle shots

the logical body is the M50 as he has a 15-45 which is a very good copy and batteries etc

however, i am surprised how much the M50 makes second hand compared to what they are new (in the UK) so looked for alternatives and i see the XT-20 often is cheaper ..probably as its a bit older and has been superseded with the XT-30

The fuji has plus points like more external controls, and i still have some mount adaptors for MF lenses from when i had a XE-2

there are plenty of reviews on the M50 and the XT-20 but non compering the AF side by side i think this may be a big differentiator between the 2 but i don't know so has anyone had both so can give an opinion

also sony is a possibility as leftover from a NEX3c i still have is a sony 18-55 (not as good as the 15-45 or EF-M 18-55 had to stop it down at the long end) but i do have the very good sigma 30mm F2.8 and batteries and mount adaptors

i was looking at sony up until the A6000 to replace the 3C but as the colours did not get any better and that was the main thing i not like

So any comments on AF are welcome or any more pros and cons

Thanks dave

Edit just notice we never set the date on the M2

-- hide signature --

Attention Dislexsic i mean dyslexic person... This post will have many although spell checked, spelling and grammatical errs ..its The best its going get so no need to tell me it is bad I know it is .....................................................................................................
the EOS M is not dead and wont be for a long time ....as long as you don't want a flagship camera with a VF...if that's the case it died sometime ago
My 5D IS a MK1 classic
.........................................................................................................
There is no argument for FF vs APS-c (or m43) with shallow DOF..as it's a law of physics and a very subjective personal thing if you want to make use of the shallow DOF only FF can offer
.....................................................................................................
If you wait for a camera that will tick all your boxes ....by then you will have more boxes to tick..... so the wait continues .....David Appleton

davev8's gear list:davev8's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS R6 Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM +5 more
Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M) Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow