Panasonic new FLAT photo style (from S series)

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Interceptor121 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,244
Panasonic new FLAT photo style (from S series)

Panasonic has changed the CineD profiles in the new GH5M2 with the result that I can't use them anymore there seems to be a bug with skin tones.

So I have been trying the new FLAT photo style coming from the S series for my nature videos. It is also possible to use it for photos of course with RAW less issues anyway

The photo style seems not just to have low contrast (highlights are compressed and darks are lifted) but the midtones seems lifted as well it meters zero at 57% IRE

This is a video that I have done for testing purposes and includes some AF and panning tests but the most important part is the colors.

I have shot the FLAT in studio and applied standard correction to bring it back to video and then applied a fujicolor grading to go back to some golden tones I had with the previous cineD

Lens used 50-200mm with 1.4 Tc

interested in some feedback on how it looks. It is not meant to be color accurate just to be clear

One preliminary comment is that it needs more saturation

Interceptor121's gear list:Interceptor121's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix DC-GH5 II Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro +14 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow