Using Raynor 250 with P950

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
kathiemt
kathiemt Contributing Member • Posts: 938
Using Raynor 250 with P950

I received the Raynor 250 yesterday and worked out how to fit it on. But I was very dismayed to find a large amount of vignetting around images when I took some - I hadn't expected that and hadn't seen mention of it anywhere.

I was using Close up mode and I can see that the 250 is really narrower than my P950 lens so I guess the vignette is to be expected. I just didn't know that would happen. No-one ever mentions it from all the macro shots I've seen here and Facebook groups for the P950.

The following are images I've taken with the Raynor 250 - but have had to crop them considerably. I'm realising now my subject needs to be well inside the circle I can see through the EVF as I'll be cropping down to a square and don't want to lose antennas or anything of any creatures I take. But clearly I won't be able to get as close to bees, butterflies, etc as it warrants me to stand real close to use it. Unless I'm missing something? If I try any other mode it's just fuzzy. I need to stand close. And yet I've seen macros of flies, bees, and other creatures - how do others do it?

An example of an image before cropping - a large amount of vignette which was unexpected.

kathiemt's gear list:kathiemt's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P950 Nikon D7000 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-300mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow