Upgrading from MFT

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Metanoia Prime Junior Member • Posts: 35
Upgrading from MFT

I'm looking to upgrade from my MFT setup (Lumix G85 | Panasonic 25mm | Panasonic 42.5mm). My primary aim is to improve my image quality and improve the latitude I have in post. I will primarily be doing product photography, portraits, product review videos, and talking head videos. I'm not going to chase wildlife or try to keep up with any high-speed sports, though some landscapes might certainly be in the cards down the road.

I'm really trying to spend no more than $3,200-$3,500 on the body and two or three lenses.

I've encountered a dilemma in choosing between the A7iii and the A7Riii A. I have the A7RiiiA, Sony FE 85mm 1.8, and the Sony FE 35mm 1.8 in my BHPhoto cart right now, though I'm open to suggestions, both for the body and the accompanying lenses.

Do you guys think that the lenses above would make for a good all-around kit when paired with the A7riiiA? Am I covering my bases for my primary intended uses? I want to get something that's at least somewhat future proof, though I know both have been replaced by newer, upgraded models. I must also share that I'm not really looking to print a bunch of my photos. I might print the the odd one here and there for our home, but don't anticipate printing more outside of that.

To compound the issue a bit, I get an EDU discount at BHPhoto, which, as you might know, applies to the A7iii but not the A7riii A. This would mean the A7riii A comes out to the current BF sale price of $1,998 and the A7iii would come out to $1,598.

Help?

Metanoia Prime's gear list:Metanoia Prime's gear list
Sony a7 IV Samyang AF 35mm F1.8 FE +1 more
Panasonic G85 Pentax K-r
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow