Lack of good EOS R deals for Black Friday

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Steve W Veteran Member • Posts: 5,958
Lack of good EOS R deals for Black Friday

Back in December 2019 there were great Black Friday deals on the the Canon EOS R that was a little over a year old at the time. The two deals that were offered were

- body only for$1199 .00

- body and RF 24-105mm f/4L IS = $2,199.00

I believe both came with an included EF to EOS R adapter included but I know the version with the lens definitely did since that is the one I bought.

Why are current Black Friday prices for this kit at least $400 more two years later?
The reason I ask is I moved on from my EOS R at this point and sold it when I bought my  R5 but wouldn't mind buying an EOS R to use as a backup.  Yes an R6 would be nice but that is more than $1000 more.

Was Canon so desperate back then that they have no need to match it with a camera that is now more than three years old?

-- hide signature --

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe! - Words to live by. Albert Einstein

Steve W's gear list:Steve W's gear list
Sony a9 Fujifilm X-E3 Sony a7R IV Fujifilm X-T4 Canon EOS R5 +47 more
Canon EOS R Canon EOS R5 Canon EOS R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow