Looking at buying Fujifilm X-S10 as a first camera, one big question

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
wantfastcars New Member • Posts: 8
Looking at buying Fujifilm X-S10 as a first camera, one big question

Short version is I want to buy a decent camera in the roughly $1000 USD range and with the research I've done the X-S10 seems like pretty much exactly what I'm looking for. Mirrorless, IBIS, pretty good overall specs for a good price... my only concern is the lack of weather resistance. I'm aware this is largely a marketing term with little actual meaning outside of Olympus cameras (since they have actual IP ratings), but I live in Japan, and for those who may be unaware, it rains a fair bit here. I'm worried about being unable to use my camera outdoors if the weather is questionable. I'm not planning on shooting in a typhoon or anything, but there's a very real possibility of wanting to take pictures on a drizzly day. I've been reading around on this forum and other websites a bit and I've seen mixed answers on the subject.

Is that going to be a problem? Should I look into weather-resistant cameras instead, or would I be better served with a weather-resistant cover/bag for the camera? The next step up to get IBIS AND weather resistance looks like the X-T4, which is a bit outside my price range...

Fujifilm X-S1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Bob
rsn
rsn
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow